The WRMK Albums Made Easy 3×4 Card Punch was just what we were all begging for these past 3 years. The perfect way to add photos, memorabilia, etc to the 3×4 slots of our Photo Pocket Pages.
I have sold many without concern and have personally used one since they were introduced. However, here is what I discovered: It is a great tool as long as you understand its limitations.
So I am here to help you better set your expectations of what your punch can do. I think it is best to describe what it can NOT do.
- It can not take itsy bits smaller than 4×6 and punch them into perfect rectangles
- It can not punch through multiple layers
- It is not a one finger push
Here are my tips on how to make friends with your WRMK 3×4 punch.
1. Use it on a sturdy table or countertop. Even the floor is better than a flimsy surface. I put mine right over the table leg.
2. Use both hands to push down evenly on the punch. Be sure you are positioned over the punch to help ease the strain on your wrists. One handed use or uneven pressure may cause tearing/jagged edges.
3. If you are punching a piece that is 4×6 to start, then understand that you will be punching out the middle only. There is not a lot of wiggle room to adjust it over to one side or the other. Keep that in mind when punching photos.
Note: If you want the top corner of your photo, it is best to cut with a paper cutter and round the corners with the Project Life Corner Rounder.
You could also enlarge the photo (I did mine as a 5×7), which gave me a better option for punching out the part I wanted.
4. Make sure the smallest item you are punching is 4×6. Larger is fine, and you have more options for getting just the portion you want, however, be sure your edge is still well secured by the magnets. It is critical you have given it enough to grip.
5. The top window opens with a simple push down on the lever, giving you access to the end result. However, it is a tight fit, so you may find it easier to remove the top and use a pair of tweezers.
I hope these tips have been helpful. I am confident that you and your WRMK punch will be BFF’s! It is a fast and simple way to add items to your 3×4 Photo Pocket slots.
Do you love your punch? Have any other tips or suggestions? Please feel free to share in the comments below.
PS. I have added a pdf tip sheet, so when you order your punch you get immediate access to this file for you to reference.